Old October 14th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize GeneralAviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

Of course, those who still live out in the sticks will need some other
way to get around. This will be the rail lines, just like in the old
days, or they will fly, as God intended. New airports will spring up
like flowers after a rain. Flight instructors will be busy. The little
planes will no longer bother anybody because everyone will realize they
are necessary. Aircraft manufacturers will finally have the incentive
to innovate and produce airplanes in reasonable numbers.
.stuff snipped above and here

This all assumes that Joe Average Goober is smart enough to be trained
in the skills/art of flying an airplane.

Then again, airplane operation does tend to stick pretty closely to the
Laws of Natural Selection (the dumb ones are removed from the gene
pool). Maybe in 4 or 5 generations the actual average intelligence level
will rise if more people took up flying...

O.K. Hopefully our more "sensitive" readers will recognize the dark
humor above and not go ballistic.

Be Careful out There
Mike