Old January 16th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Lee[_2_]

Default Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

"John" wrote:

But there is a requirement to obtain all relevant information for a flight
and I think there is a argument to be made that you should at least be aware
of both vfr and ifr reporting points in close proximity to your intended
landing point. and if you hear a radio report of someone inbound to a
airport that your flying in to and don't know where that point is, it
behooves you to ask .

Can't agree with you on this. I go to a lot of new airports and I
don't intend to know where every IFR position is.

Ron Lee