Old September 25th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
The Visitor[_2_]

Default Going for my Multiengine rating

My Seneca is. So I don't use full flaps unless there is some aft weight.
Without anything in the back, the cg is almost at the front limit. Just
"two notches". To flare nice with full flaps invites a tail stall. Very
common and I was taught, that is why there is the abundance of nose gear
collapses in the type. Because the pounding the nose gear is given.
Rolling in nose up trim makes things easier. It is just done when over
the numbers, entering a flare.

John

Michelle P wrote:

Jim Macklin wrote:

Be careful with using the electric trim to flare. Assuming
that the airplane is properly loaded with the CG within the
range, the elevator forces required between an approach
speed of 1.3 Vso and the flare should be slight. Do a W&B
for your landing configuration, be sure to check for an
items stowed in a forward baggage area and for fuel.

The problem that WILL happen is at some point you will gave
to go-around, that means you will need a hand on the power
and you will REALLY need two hands on the elevator because
the electric trim isn't fast enough, you will have a sudden
need to hold the nose down, will loose A/S, perhaps even
stall, then the real bad thing can happen, en engine
failure, Vmc and spin at 100 AGL.

Do some exercise with weights, it is safer.

there are some planes that are just nose heavy.