Old June 20th 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 2c vs. 2cx

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:39:34 PM UTC-4, noel.wade wrote:
All - I've spent a long time studying Schleicher aircraft; not as much looking at S-H ships. Can anyone explain how much of a performance difference there is between a V2c and a V2cx? I understand the fuselage changed between the two; any major improvements or innovations, or was the D2 fuselage just slightly better and easier to manufacture? Any aerodynamic differences (other than the fuse) between the 2c and the 2cx? Any comments on whether an "older" 2c is competitive with an ASW-27 or other current 15m ships? Thanks a bunch, --Noel

Different horizontal tail with new thinner airfoil. CX is considered to be better.
UH