Old June 20th 13, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke

Default Ventus 2c vs. 2cx

Noel,

I have a couple hundred hours in a 2c. It's a nice glider and competitive with the 27.

There is negligible performance difference in 15 meter. Few pilots can differentiate the performance in 18 meter between 2c and 2cx.

Are you evaluating for a purchase? If so focus on price, instruments, equipment, total time and condition.

Sean Franke

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:39:34 PM UTC-7, noel.wade wrote:
All -

I've spent a long time studying Schleicher aircraft; not as much

looking at S-H ships. Can anyone explain how much of a performance

difference there is between a V2c and a V2cx? I understand the

fuselage changed between the two; any major improvements or

innovations, or was the D2 fuselage just slightly better and easier to

manufacture? Any aerodynamic differences (other than the fuse) between

the 2c and the 2cx? Any comments on whether an "older" 2c is

competitive with an ASW-27 or other current 15m ships?

Thanks a bunch,

--Noel