Old June 8th 04, 03:04 AM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Keith Willshaw
writes
In the case of the Flixborough accident in the UK a pressure
vessel was bypassed by the maintenance dept using pipes and bellows units.
Unfortunately the bypass was not properly anchored
and a slug of liquid caused the bypass to tear loose.

How do you prevent this with an air strike?

(FWIW I was too young to remember, but I lived on the edge of S****horpe
at the time: I'm told I was playing outside when my father heard the
explosion, heard the windows rattle, and ran out to see a mushroom cloud
rising. It left quite a mark on him mentally, as he gladly admits, but
did him no physical harm whatsoever)

--
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Julius Caesar I:2