Old June 21st 05, 11:27 PM
Bob Gardner

One more time....Victoria, BC, is situated on Vancouver Island. If there is
a Victoria Island, it is not in BC.

I thought you had decided to go to Cataline...

Anyway, Victoria is a little slice of England, transplanted to North
America. The airport is at Swartz Bay, about 20 miles away, so you will need
transportation to and around Victoria. There is a miniatures museum and a
naval museum that might hold interest for the youngsters. Taking a Gray Line
tour is always a good idea. Downtown centers areound the Inner Harbor (just
right if you are on floats...) with lots of seaplane and marine activity. It
is a very pretty city.

Tofino is well north of Victoria on the west coast of the island and has its
own airport. I'm not sure that it offers anything other than walking on the
beach. My wife and I spent a weekend at Wickininish Lodge and did not feel
that we got value for our money.

If you are an artsy guy, there is a native serigraphist named Roy Henry
Vickers who has studios/sales outlets in both Tofino and Victoria. Knock
your socks off. My bride and I bought a print at the Tofino site.

Bob Gardner

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
Last summer we flew to Vancouver and had a great time. This time I was
thinking it would be fun to go to Victoria. Are there things for a
family to do? Are there good places to go airport hopping?
I'm not looking for "aviation" stuff to do, but rather fun things for a
9 and 10 year old to do. Is there any kayaking or snorkling available?
Is the island itself worth just driving around? Is there anything to do
at TOFINO? Where should we stay?

-Robert