Old December 14th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

Default Airstrip on the property

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:31:18 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote:

These planes I like such as the Arion lightning and
the LSA SportCruiser show take-off and landing rolls
in the 500 ft range. I have to imagine this, while
technically may be true, is for advertising purposes.

I mean, would you put an airstrip in your yard
with only 1100 ft, even without a 50 ft obstruction
for say...a Cessna 172 or a fast light sport plane?

Living in America
---
Mark

I don't believe you will get any insurance company to allow that short
of a strip, most of the ones I have seen are self-insured. Expect to get
a humongous lawsuit thrown at you if you miss T/O or LND and find
yourself in someone's else's yard.