Old November 25th 11, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Red V symbol (log file not valid) after OLC upload.

On Nov 23, 7:02*pm, Cliff Hilty
wrote:
Im still trying to figure out why any of the files have to be "secure" !
Security is an illusion. I thought the intent of the OLC was to promote
more people flying and friendly competition. Still scratching my head with
all of this regulatory crap. After all, we are all in it for the money and
the girls right? If they want to cheat that bad let them. Its been my
experience that the cheaters are found out and rightly ostersized out of
the sport anyway. Just my .2 cents worth. And while Im at it that goes the
same for badge and record flights. AFAIC KISS principal applies. What are
we testing after all, how good am I at flying or following recording
procedures. Jumping off the soap box now and flame sheilds on!

CH

Can't agree more. These requirements are nonsense. Logger security is
an illusion.. There are easier ways to fake a flight. You can just
take your secure logger in a power plane and claim a wave flight. Or
stay on tow for the whole flight and manipulate the start and end of
the flight in the claim form. I've seen many flights with land outs
and aero retrieve all included in the flight since the pilot did not
turn off the logger until after the aero retrieve. I believe it is
also possible to hook condor to a PDA and generate a valid IGC file.
Someone posted such a flight once as an experiment.
We need to put pressure on OLC to drop these requirements.