Old November 15th 03, 01:12 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

On 15 Nov 2003 00:22:09 GMT, (JFLEISC) wrote:

There's lots of
emperical and experiential opinions out there, anybody with some more
factual answers to the argument?

I've pondered this thing myself. Problem with tail draggers (actually a
characteristic of aircraft and their need to have flexible gear way out on
spindly aerodynamic legs) is that toe out could change to toe in depending on
the load. This also changes during the transition from ground to flight. Worse
yet (the big problem with my plane) is the toe change as I bring the tail up on
take off or transition down during landing. Suffice to unscientificlly say that
20 years in the automotive alignment business has shown me that cars with toe
out tend to be a bit more twitchy than those with toe in. Have no idea if that
translates to aircraft because taildragger pilots EXPECT the plane to try to
swap ends.

Jim

TOE IN is a NO-NO for tail draggers.
Just the reverse of cars.