Old March 7th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default KAUG Notam Question

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On 6 Mar 2007 12:04:19 -0800, "Jon" wrote:

I believe you may still shoot the approach if the receiver indicates
it's available. The NOTAM
simply prevents you from flight planning on it.

I will not (cannot) get into the nuances of the NOTAMS. I am not
familiar with with 480 but I am with the 500W/530W. If the LPV
annunication is green, you are absolutely solid to fly the approach. If
the aunnication is yellow early on, it may still switch to green in time
to fly the approach. If it is green prior to the FAF it is golden.