Old May 23rd 21, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Well, Tom's a bit on the crazy side, but I don't think he's an idiot.

Hey Tom, remember that day that Kathy Taylor landed out in the bison
ranch south of Westcliffe?Â* She borrowed your ASW-20 trailer for the
retrieve and forgot to hook up her elevator after rigging at the
airport.Â* Fortunately Joe Berger discovered the oversight when he passed
by her ship and wiggled the elevator...Â* In case you didn't know, both
Kathy and George have taken their last thermals; just a few months apart.

Dan 5J
On 5/22/21 5:41 PM, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
Do you REALLY need a elevator?
I've read here on RAS you can fly a ASW 20 without the elevator hooked up, if you know what your doing. Isn't -the 27 very similar?
Nick