Old September 27th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Default Autopilot PIREPS

pgbnh wrote:
My partner and I have decided it is time to upgrade the old 'wing-leveller'
autopilot (Century I) to a real autopilot. We will likely be looking for
either 2 or 3 axis (altitude would be nice, but we need to factor in cost)
and will couple it to the Garmin 530. AP to be installed in a Beech Sierra

So, some questions:
What is your favorite AP
Thoughts on 2 v 3 axis
Features to look for
Brands to avoid

My S-TEC 55X is a blast coupled with the GNS480 autopilot.
It's two axis. A reasonably stable airplane doesn't need the
third axis, but it is available if you want it.

GPSS is a must.
Being able to couple the approach is handy.