Old March 5th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Strange vehicle hanging out near runway

I went for a quick flight yesterday evening and I notice a couple of
guys hanging out near the end of the runway. This is a pretty quiet
airport so people around are noticable. At first I thought they were
watching someone solo. However, as I taxied by them I noticed that
they were in a John Deere mule with a orange and white checkered flag.
I don't know many people who drive around in mule's with checkered
flags. Could this have been the FAA or CalTrans? They were there when
I returned. Luckily I didn't land before the numbers this time (1/2
our runway is displaced so pilots often land before the numbers).

-robert