Old March 6th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Strange vehicle hanging out near runway

On Mar 5, 3:57*pm, (Ron Lee) wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Is this the airport that had a plane crash just after liftoff a year
or so ago?

Yes. We're also fighting with the state to keep our night ops
certiicate. Several local airports have either had to close at night
or put up dangerous high lights to keep their Cal-trans night permits.
The state has really stepped up the airport permit requirements in the
last 10 years. That's why I was thinking it could have been cal-trans.
We've also gotten a lot of guff from the state because many of us
drive on the taxiway, because there is no road from the ramp to the
electric gate and we're too lazy to get out of the car and unlock the
gate. However, its never resulted in an incident that I'm aware of
because there is little traffic at the airport.

-Robert, CFII