Old March 28th 11, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Brian Whatcott

Default Redbird's new full-motion, low-cost flight simulator

On 3/27/2011 5:56 PM, Dimitri P. wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:14:19 -0400, vaughn
wrote:

As a student pilot, I insisted on pre-solo spin training. If I ever
screwed up
enough to get myself into an inadvertent spin, I did not want to be
required to
figure out spin recovery for myself!

well said. Especially figuring out spin recovery during short final,
where they are more likely to occur! I was fortunate enough to be part
of the student pilots where spin training was mandatory in Canada in 1999.

Hmmm...'short final' means 500 ft to me.
Spin recovery means more than 500 ft to me.

Better to maintain approach speed, and recover from a stall if you must,
not a spin.

Briaan W