Old April 4th 11, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Brent[_2_]

Default Redbird's new full-motion, low-cost flight simulator

That is one of the funniest and strangest differences between canadian and
american flight training

It is a required demonstration for Canadian private pilots and a canadian
flight school cannot be licensed and operate unless it has at least one
aircraft certified for intentional spins. Canadian commercial pilots are
required to recover from an incipient spin as part of fligh training. (In
the last year Canada has shifted the focus from spin excecution to pure
recovery in the incipient phase)

Spins spend altitude like ther is no tomorrow and to my pleasure the biggest
thing i learned from round 2 (insurance signoff of my plane) in the cherokee
140 is just how MUCH it takes to make it spin. In order to spin the plane i
essentially had to throw it out of the sky sideways with a full stomp of
uncoordinated rudder. (mind you it recovers in an almost vertical attitude
requiring swift action)

"Dimitri P." wrote in message
newsp.vs0x00zt8gnu4d@main...
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:14:19 -0400, vaughn
wrote:

As a student pilot, I insisted on pre-solo spin training. If I ever
screwed up
enough to get myself into an inadvertent spin, I did not want to be
required to
figure out spin recovery for myself!

well said. Especially figuring out spin recovery during short final,
where they are more likely to occur! I was fortunate enough to be part of
the student pilots where spin training was mandatory in Canada in 1999.