Old January 2nd 04, 07:00 PM
Liam Finley

I ask for some concrete facts to support your thesis that competition
pilots are responsible for the decline of soaring, and all you can do
is call me names. Oh well. We obviously have differing opinions on
what constitutes juvenile behavior.

Welcome back.

(Peter W) wrote in message . com...
It's obvious from your juvenile remarks that it isn't worth having a
discussion with you. The article in question has been around for a
long time and gives some very good advice on buying a first glider.
The main point being that L/D shouldn't be the major criteria and that
other more important practical things should be considered. You must
have not read the article since it certainly was not focused on
"aimless local flying" excluding advice on planes suitable for cross
country work.

As for the decline of soaring, it should be obvious to every glider
pilot in this country that the sport is in trouble. For years the SSA
was dominated by the competition crowd and this certainly hasn't
helped the situation. Having a discussion about soaring's future
would be pointless with a dim bulb like yourself.

With the new sport pilot class ready to take off I predict that
soaring will lose even more prospective new pilots to it and general
aviation.

Thanks for reminding me why I quit soaring for 10 years. I'm asking
myself why I want to return to this sport.