Old November 6th 07, 07:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RVB[_2_]

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

Very interesting question !

I made a little study in France, answering this question a few decades
ago to my school collegues.
And surprisingly, the major part of them answered that their parents
were in the resistance !
Several very serious studies were made about the french population
during the WWII and all of them describe a population with 5%
resistants, 5% collaborationists and 90% of population without
enlisting who just went on their occupation.
I conclude that in all ways people takes the honor and the heroism of
the winners despite it has done nothing !

My parents were born during WWII. On my mother's side, my grand moyher
was innoccupied and my grand father was working in the railway french
national company. He worked in the way of the Vichy Government during
the main part of the WWII and enlisted the resistance in the very end
of the war. The Wehrmacht occupied their house between 1942 and 1944
and left rapidly when the allied landed in the South of France.
On my father's side my grand mother and my grand father were miner at
the pitface in the north-east of France.

--
RVB -