Old December 9th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Weiss[_1_]

Default NavAir CWO graduates first class

wrote...
Interesting! For you not so old salts the Navy Warrant Officers were
supposed to be replaced by Senior and Master Chiefs in the early 60s.
For some reason it never happened. And correct me if I'm wrong, it's
been a long time, weren't WO2s and 3s non-commissioned?

I suppose it's another of those "great Quaker Life debates" that will change
every generation or 2, but not as often as the uniform... ;-)

CWO2 - CWO5 have been Commissioned ranks as long as I've known (CWO5 more
recently, of course).