Old January 24th 04, 04:46 AM
Roy Smith

In article _pmQb.108146$sv6.540134@attbi_s52,
"John R Weiss" wrote:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote...

I wouldn't look for
landing clearance either. I was just curious what he would do if he saw no
light.

I'd be looking for red lights... Green ones are good; but no lights means
everyone's asleep, gone home, or not concerned. Red ones mean trouble...

Once I've got the runway in sight, I can't think of anything short of a
raging inferno or a confirmed spotting of a FSDO guy doing ramp checks
that would get me back into the clouds nordo. Even if there was another
aircraft on the runway, I'd land behind him, or put it down on the grass.

Of course, I'm talking spam cans here. What makes sense for me may not
make sense for heavy metal.