Old September 12th 17, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Motorglider Endorsement

Emphasis should be on being fully safe, practical, and proficient in the particular ship, then compliance with the regs and insurance particulars. All necessary, unless you self-insure.

I bought a Hoffman Dimona in the 1980's, was superbly trained by the late Bill Seed, then sent it back when the landing gear developed cracks early on without any untoward landings. Next experience many years hence was an early Silent 2 FES prototype, with cockpit checkout from Leo B. The Silent FES was so easy, seamless and non-critical that the checkout was more than sufficient. Spare the comments on current LiPo battery development, aware of that. Had the order of the two designs above been reversed, it would not have worked for a cockpit checkout in the Dimona. Not at all.

Then more recently flight instruction from Bill Hill in my Stemme. Valuable, sage experience, advice, and correction. Applied and works well.

All 3 of the above, highly varied, but adhering to the principles in the first paragraph which I would recommend to anyone.

Gary Osoba