Old September 27th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday?

PMSC operates in accordance with all applicable CFRs. Personally if anyone asks the gov't to increase the burden of law on myself and my friends then I will ask the gov't to increase the burden on them. Fair is fair and all in the name of safety. If mandating ADSB for gliders is worth it, because safety for airliners, then so must banning gliding for the safety of airliners. Think of the children flying in airliners, we can't trust collision avoidance to the pittance of battery power in a glider. Pittance of power, no redundancy, and to top it off often owner designed and maintained electrical systems. *shudder* If banning gliding saves one child then it is worth it. Bend the knee in the name of safety often enough and eventually you will not be able to get off the ground.