Old October 11th 17, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default removing mylars at every annual?

It's pretty early for the annual winter discussion/argument about spray lubricants, but what the hell.........
After retiring from the AF, I took the GI bill and antended Sacramento City College who offered a 2 year program in aeronautics leading to an AA degree and an A&P license. Their aero club flew a fleet of light aircraft and the students maintained them. What lubricant was taught and used? Good old WD-40! The thinking was that a brief shot would loosen old grease and any over spray would soon evaporate. I have several long tube setups to allow a brief shot of lube into hard to get to areas like all points on the landing gear and deep inside the fuselage or way inside the wing. How do you "oil only" guys lube these areas?
Flame suit on,
JJ