Old December 4th 03, 01:36 PM
Ed Majden

"Brett" |
Ever read a book by John Clearwater titled "Canadian Nuclear Weapons:
The Untold Story"? It includes some information about the efforts the
Pearson government to sign up for the use of US nuclear weapons.

Never read this book. Deif lost an election over his fence sitting and
reluctance to accept nuclear weapons. I lived through this era having
enlisted in the RCAF in 1958. Started out on the Cf-100, went to Europe on
the CF-104's, spent two tours on Bomarcs and finished off on CF101's as a
ground crew tech. We were anxiously waiting for the Arrow, but alas and
sadly, the program was cancelled. This was known as "Black Friday". Saw
the Arrow do a couple of over flights over the base I was on along with the
B47 test bed with the Iroquois engine strapped on the rear.