Old December 6th 03, 12:55 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Sami Saydjari wrote:
I heard recently that a 1965 Comanche 260 is the fastest of the Comanche
260s (by about 5 nts). Can anyone confirm this?

The 1965 260s look like 250s. Two side windows, bench seat in the
rear, no nose stretch to move the CG forward, etc. They DO get the
single-sided main gear forks, hubcaps and probably other mods. The
gross weight is 100 or 200 lbs less than the -B and -C models. The
net result is that the book speeds are fastest for 1965 260s out of
all the 250-260 line, but I'm not sure it's by 5 kts.

The fastest 250/260 would be the one you got for cheap due to the poor
condition of the cowling and upgraded to one of the more streamlined
aftermarket cowls.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/