Old October 11th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
djani 9A4DB

Default Credit Card processing for Glider Clubs

chris wrote:
My club like most clubs and commercial seem to be stuck in the 20th
century when it comes to accepting payments from members but more so
ride customers. You know what I mean, checks those old fashioned
things from hundreds of years ago, the things that younger members of
the population never use because credit and debit cards are
everywhere. Cash is difficult to handle without lots of care, worry
and trips to the bank.

Have any other operations found a good way to accept credit card [and
debit card] payments?

A few weeks ago the traveling car wash guys that come to our office
showed me a brick sized terminal unit with mobile/cell service built
in. It could swipe the card, get approval, and print a reciept. It
was called "contractor caddy" - could not find it on-line but it
seemed like a great solution. I don't have any more details on it,
but since it did not require a landline phone it would work good at
the airport. [we don't have much in the way of a business office, just
a hangar.]

Ideally for our club the solution would integrate with QuickBooks to
cut down on the accounting workload. Also low fees are important.

Any good solutions out there?

Chris

Here in Croatia we have mobile Point Of Sale solution, suitable for that
purpose, size of bigger handy phone, mag stripe and chip cards can be used,
but do not know that any of clubs are looking for that solution....