Old June 29th 04, 08:15 PM
Julian Scarfe

wrote in message
Why Lycoming recommends against LOP operation is a mystery. MUCH
cooler CHT's and less fuel being burned... what am I missing here?
Does the engine run roughly at this setting? Only those who try LOP
will know.

http://www.lycoming.textron.com/supp...ps/SSP700A.pdf

sets out their case, at least for larger turbos. (I'm not suggesting I
endorse it.)

Another thing to bear in mind is that mixture distribution is imperfect in
most factory engines. If you operate at a steep part of the power vs
mixture curve, small differences in mixture mean large imbalances of power
between the cylinders. That can't be good for the engine. The point of
Braly's Gamijectors is to even out the mixture distribution so that the
imbalance disappears.

Julian Scarfe