Old June 29th 04, 10:33 PM
Tom Sixkiller

wrote in message
Lycoming finishes the graph with the following statement: "Textron
Lycoming does not recommend operating on the lean side of peak EGT."

Yet as their own graph shows, best economy is ONLY achieved lean of
peak. What extremely interesting to me is that the difference between
peak and lean of peak where best economy occurs is only a matter of a
very few degrees EGT.

Corky,

Isn't it also true that LOP optimizes the point in the stroke that the
cylinder achieves the peak ignition point?

Considering the wear on the engines moving parts that provides, maybe George
Patterson is right, that they'd like us to buy new engines? :~) I also
wonder how they are trying to cover their legal asses if they were spreading
wrong (negligent) information for all these years, or merely just PP QC on
their engines??

Tom
--
"Flying an airplane is just like riding