Old July 15th 03, 11:10 PM
Jukka O. Kauppinen

Jukka, do you have Erik Shilling's post on the spin characteristics of
the Curtiss fighters? If not, you can read it at
www.danford.net/p40spin.htm

No, didn't have it, thanks a lot.

Shilling's view about the snap roll seems interesting. One FiAF Hawk
pilot says it was very hard to get into spin, that the plane took very
well to pulling it through maneuvers. I'll be putting together my
results from various Hawk pilot interviews sooner or later for some
comparison.

A request, though.

"A & AEE (British) test with an A-4 model (1941) reported the maximum
speed 486km/h 4300m and highest climb 2870kg mass 13.2m/s , an a ceiling
of 10 300m"

How could I get this test? Or the text? Or the results? Anyone?

jok