Old September 9th 03, 01:09 AM
Pete

"Juvat" wrote in message
Kevin Brooks blurted out:

I wonder if you'd have the temerity to utter such a thing to, say, the
personnel from the ANG units like those in CO and NM that were
activated and flew in Vietnam,

Jeez...you're reading waaaay too much into Scott's posts IMO. The
original question you will recall had to do with ANG F-102 units
called up. He posited none due to the mission. He was correct on that
score. Yes? No?

or to those "champagne unit" (your
description) members who pulled their voluntary rotations in Vietnam?
Methinks not...

Okay, but that's an entirely different issue from the "entitled"
gentlemen that used their position to get an officer slot in the TX
ANG...in an airplane that had next to ZERO chance of getting activated
and sent into harm's way. So I'd be willing to bet Scott would have no
problem acknowledging the excellent service of the SEA volunteers.

Is the military dedication, professionalism, or 'influence' of any other
officer who served in the Texas ANG at that time in question?
Or indeed any other non-draftee, who incidentially did not see combat during
the Vietnam years?

Or is it only some guy, who 30 years later, would become president?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

15 years ago, a B-52 crew performing close air support over a battlefield
was a laughable concept. They had basically a ZERO chance of 'being
activated'. Times change. Tactics and A/C roles change.

They could just as easily have changed for the -102 crews.

Pete