Old September 20th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Copperhead

Default The Homebuilt Engine, Part 1

On Sep 20, 4:45*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Copperhead" wrote

and a VW aircraft engine in the 70-80 HP range rund in the 5-6+ grand

A 70 HP VW engine does not exist. *Not if you want it to run more than 30
hours or so.
--
Jim in NC

I know that Jim, but if you read all of the wonder add's you'll be
told that you can build or buy a 30, 60, 76, 80, 85, 90, 100+ peak HP
VW engine and do wonderful things with it. Of course no one explains
what to do with all of the heat generated by that much power either.
Me, I'll be happy with a reliable VW stoker aircraft engine build set
up the way Bob writes about. But hey, what do I know?