Old February 3rd 14, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nephi, UT

Kevin,
I started gliding this area over a decade ago as a low time pilot in my Phoebus which is a little less performance and penetration than the Libelle. Nephi would be a perfect western site for you to try out. Please also note that Nephi does NOT require you to polish rocks near mountains unless you want to get close. Most of the time we are 5k-10k over the mountain ranges flying the clouds at crazy fun ground speeds.

I would respectfully disagree that Nephi is an airport to airport type of flying unless you refuse to land in perfectly good cut alfalfa or wheat fields. It is definitely more outlanding-friendly than around Parowan. A quick look at google earth and comparing the two will verify this. Winds in the summer are very typical from the SW to blow you back home at the end of the day. Hope you can make it, and by the way registration is almost full so don't delay!

Bruno - B4