Old May 5th 05, 12:52 AM
Al

Ron Natalie wrote:
jim wrote:

Was watching a video on the minivan that Bert designed and shot into
space. He seems like a interesting person but I can't believe he is
that laided back when designing planes and minvans that fly into outer
space, is he a dick or a cool dude?

I got to ride around on a golf cart with him when he came to Margy's
museum. He seemed pretty cool to me. Very gracious to the museum
staff and the hoards of aviation groupies that wanted to meet him.

Many years ago I was interested in one of his aircraft - I think
it was the BD-5.

I called up his organization and spent well over a half an hour
talking to a very amiable, knowledgeable and interesting guy.
It turned out to be Mr. Bert Rutan. I was astonded that he would
spend that much time. Quite a classy guy who probably ought
to guard his time a little more vigilantly.