Old February 5th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Flydude

Default Trying to select a propeller?

Hi Rob,

I have used Tennesse props before, good props. but the best overall Wood
prop I have used is one made by Culver Props. They have a strong movement in
the WW1 flying groups and are coming on strong.
http://www.culverprops.com/menu.htm

Alan

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good prop to fit my Rans S6S w. Jabiru 3300 engine. So
far two have failed to satisfy:
1. Wooden Jabiru J400 propeller, too easy to overrev the engine
2. 3-blade composite Warp drive, not enough cooling due to lack of airflow
near the hub

Candidates so far a
1. Tennessee wooden prop, heard some good things about it but have not
seen one in 'real life'
2. Wooden GT prop, looks great, seems to be good quality, said to perform
well
3. Sensenich composite ground adjustable, versatile, good reputation
vendor, but my co-builder thinks it's ugly...

Any advice from the group is appreciated.

Rob