Old January 4th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Prop Indexing

In rec.aviation.owning Fly kentf AT entergate.com wrote:
: 6 cyl Cont or Lyc cranks have a prop index bushing. Two choices, zero or
: 180 different. I know there has to be one but I have never seen a fixed
: pitch prop on a 6-cylinder myself. I bet if the prop was indexed to the
: middle two throws the engine would suffer from more yaw.

Some Cherokee 235's have a fixed pitch prop. All Pawnee 235's have a fixed
pitch prop (PA-25-235), at least all that I have ever seen. All O-300
Skyhawks have a fixed pitch prop, except for the very last geared ones,
called "Powermatic".

Every O-300 Skyhawk I've seen has the 10:00/4:00 prop positioning. Is
it correct? Is it optimal? Don't know...
--
Aaron C.