Old January 5th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Prop Indexing

Thanks for the reminder Aaron. Your're right.
Boy, that was a dumb statement I made. Heck I was working on a Skyhawk
O-300 today!
Kent Felkins

" In rec.aviation.owning Fly kentf AT entergate.com wrote:
I know there has to be one but I have never seen a fixed
: pitch prop on a 6-cylinder myself.

Some Cherokee 235's have a fixed pitch prop. All Pawnee 235's have a

fixed
pitch prop (PA-25-235), at least all that I have ever seen. All O-300
Skyhawks have a fixed pitch prop, except for the very last geared ones,
called "Powermatic".

Every O-300 Skyhawk I've seen has the 10:00/4:00 prop positioning. Is
it correct? Is it optimal? Don't know...
--
Aaron C.