Old February 12th 05, 06:54 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 12 Feb 2005 08:33:03 -0800, Bob Fry
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" writes:

Anyone know where I can find an old Cessna 140 (for example) fuselage for
cheap that I could mount on a pole out front? Or a big ol' Convair prop?
Something I could hoist up onto a 3-story sign, to catch the eye of
travelers?

Anyone got any better ideas? Whatever we do, it can't be unsafe, and it
shouldn't look too kitschy...

Cessna-on-a-stick, eh? That'll sure drag'em in off the highway. I'm
thinking the MidWest and the WestCoast have different definitions of
"kitschy."

Local Hilton...about two miles from the threshold of Renton Airport...used to
have a Cessna 150 on the roof, with "Hilton" painted on it. Got pretty famous.
Then the spoilsports in the city invoked a law that said businesses could only
have one sign visible from a particular side, and instead of removing the
twenty-foot-tall "HILTON" sign they removed the 150 instead. People still talk
about it....

Ron Wanttaja