Old August 4th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.military
Ed Rasimus[_1_]

Default Scared of mid-airs

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:59:32 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:12:37 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote in
:

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:49:54 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:28:28 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote in
:

Every flight, every day, by the military is on a flight plan.

Even those flights on VFR MTRs?

Yes.

Then why are there IFR MTRs and VFR MTRs?

Because some can be flown in visual conditions and some can be flown
in instrument conditions as well. Regardless of weather conditions,
IAW regulations all military flights are conducted on an IFR flight
plan ("to the maximum extent practicable" -- which is regulation-speak
for all of them).

A "flight plan" is merely a record of your intended route of
flight--it can be a VFR or IFR flight plan. Flight plans are filed
with Flight Service Stations--an entity of the FAA, but not an air
traffic controlling agency.

Regardless, the flight plan type for the military is IFR. (I use the
term "military" with some trepidation as I do not know if Army rotary
wing craft do that.)

You really don't know a lot about this do you? Yet, you are steadfast
in your opinions.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"