Old March 9th 20, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phil Plane

Default Trouble in Paradise (Omarama)

On Monday, 9 March 2020 11:10:16 UTC+13, Duster wrote:
There's just been a further announcement from Glide Omarama that appears to be more serious. Phil; you are close to this, is the outlook just a delay or is it more foreboding? I was there a couple weeks ago and there was still optimism things could be turned around.

Gavin has changed his mind and closed the operation rather than temporarily shut down and try to get into compliance for next season. So Glide Omarama is done.

We're just doing cleanup for the next few weeks, then the doors close.

--
Phil Plane