Old March 9th 20, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trouble in Paradise (Omarama)

What an appalling case of bureaucratic overreach! My deepest sympathies to Gavin and the pilots of New Zealand, not to mention the many soaring pilots who dream of flying Omarama (including ME!)

Sir Edmund Hillary must be spinning in his grave, now that the Kiwis are destined to be flightless after all. Pretty sad state when NZ is rendered a testicle-free country. At least in Government. And I thought the French had that Olympic category locked up.