Old March 24th 20, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default The Decline of Soaring Awards

John,

With regard to the Lark: our club had one and I enjoyed flying it for local cross country. At the time there was a lot of reluctance to go fare due to the crew needed for retrieve, but with a little practice it's not too bad.. It is a bit heavier than a G103, but it does fly well, has retractable gear for practice, and flap that do help it slow for smaller thermals. Good for practice!

I'm in the Portland Oregon area and have specialized in XC training for 16 years. Look me up on the SSA member search. Contest number 4M, Mike Bamberg. I could take a road trip up to WA to fly if your club permits. (after the COVID-19 lockdowns are lifted).