Old March 24th 20, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Are You Ashamed to Land Out?

I just posted in another thread here.....

I'm "an older fart".... had many hours in a 2-33 or 1-26 before something with "legs"....although did a few ships in quick succession after about 200hrs in lower performance...

I am not making decent pilots in the US shiver if I show up at a contest.
I have pushed glass pilots further when I am flying a 1-26 with basic instruments.

Land out....sheesh.....no clue....maybe 50 times? Worst was a glass ship gear door ripped the hinge....flying next day. Maybe clean green stains from fuselage next day...
Yes, landed in a quarry near Wurtsboro, NY that a later new club member "heard about" (ex hang glider peep) that they stated..."no Frikkin way!!!!"
I was there, did it, tore up mothers company car exhaust to retrieve....glider was fine....

Ashamed?
Yep, sometimes......
Glider flew next day?
Yep.

Does "fecal material happen", yep.....

Stuff happens....part of HHSC Snowbird contest....correctly trained, thou shall be able to place decent....this is the rule thang for 20+ years....