Old March 25th 20, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Are You Ashamed to Land Out?

If it was unintentional, I have him beat, I once landed out 3 miles from Douglas Co airport in Minden and no it wasn’t on a stretched final glide lol. It was not even in a low performance machine, now that last fact was the real “salt in the wound” lol
Dan

The only time I ever felt a 'stigma" or that I felt it would be better to spin in than land out was flying out of Mountain Valley Airport in a high performance 18 meter bird, I nearly landed at Tehachapi Municipal aIrport, all of 2.5 mile away!