Old March 27th 20, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 10:29:27 PM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:
There may be a lull in infections in the May-June time frame...

I assume you're talking about USA here. If so,probably not, as we a
1) still extremely testing limited
2) not doing wide testing, tracking, or mandatory quarantine of anyone exposed
Those measures are why China has controlled this but we can't.

Two really good write-ups if you are interested in the epidemiology:

These do not address two other important reasons USA is having difficulty:
- CDC and FDA testing screw-ups
- Closure of USA CDC's China pandemic office before this happened
Each of these likely wasted precious time for recognition and containment.

Unfortunately, this will likely get worse for a while.
Hope that helps for those of you scientifically inclined,
Best Regards, Dave