Old March 31st 20, 10:55 PM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Marotta View Post
Land outs are adventures in themselves!Â* I've landed out in numerous
plowed fields, a residential airpark, and a couple of airports. It's fun
to have a crew come and help with loading the glider on a trailer and
then enjoying a beer and dinner at some unexpected place.Â* I've also
been on many retrieves and had someone else provide the beer and food!

snip
--
Dan, 5J
I hate landing out but haven't shied away from them and it doesn't deter me from XC. The only damage I've had was a paltry NZ$500 to put right. That was on a 9 minute flight landing out 3 miles from the airfield, D'oh!

As Dan says they're an adventure and that holds true for every land out I've ever had, once I'm on the ground I kick back and enjoy the experience. I too enjoy going on retrieves and positively leap at the chance to go get some of the guys I know because with them it's gonna be a blast!

:-) Colin

Last edited by Ventus_a : March 31st 20 at 10:59 PM.