Old May 5th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Apis motorglider

On May 5, 10:19*am, Mark Jardini wrote:
Andy

Avionic does not have a "jacked ramp". The cradle has an over center
cam that lifts the aircraft off its main wheel. Agreed, the jack would
be better for rigging purposes.

The belt can be seen and inspected through it s length. The center
portion of the mast is enclosed trapping the belt within by some mid
shaft cross sectional enclosings. I can only assume this is one of
those fiberglass impregnated toothed belts they use in cars that last
60k miles.

My guess would be you send the mast back to be opened and reclosed or
you buy a new one.....

Mark

And for those Cobra trailers with hydraulic jacked ramps and heavy
motorgliders, I'd rather trust the hand cranked gears in my one-man
rigger or the person holding my wingtip than trust the hydraulic jack
with the weight of my motorglider while tweaking the jack height. I
slide in a triangular wooden block as a safety device under the ramp
scissors. If the jack fully collapses, I don't think the jack has the
leverage to jack up mu ASH-26E again.

Darryl