Old August 6th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Default visualisation of the lift distribution over a wing

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

Wright1902glider wrote:

Amen! I say to thee, a wing does NOT fly by pushing air down. Rather,
it creates a difference in airspeed between the air on top of the wing
and the air underneath it (relative to gravity or G-forces) which
creates the difference in air pressure which causes what we call
Harry Frey

Actually, both models describe the same phenomenon. The Bernoulli
principle explains the detailed mechanics of lift, while the momentum
exchange model explains the end product physics of lift. After all, a
symmetric airfoil generates lift by angle of attack, as does the "flat
plate" airfoil, with zero camber.

What he said

Brian W