Old January 1st 05, 07:56 AM
Roger

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:45:55 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

My problem with all the LED lights and conversions for the mini-mags is that
they are all *too* bright. My plane has red flood and a dozen or so red bulbs behind
the panel. I've bought into the theory that the least possible amount of light you
can use the better your night vision will remain. A second's blast of white from a
minimag will blow out my night vision.

Then you'd like the little Ray-O-Vac I use. It's the three AAA cell
unit. It's just bright enough that you can use it to walk around in
the dark without falling. Just enough light to barely read a chart
when held at the normal distance. Even unfiltered it doesn't bother
my night vision.

snip

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com