Old July 20th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
denny

Default Best homebuilt for ~700 nm commute

.. --

. If you want to fly a homebuilt do it, just don't try
to reliably commute in it.
My 2 cents worth.
Jim Stockton

I built my airplane to use as a business tool for travel as a
field service technician. I used to travel out of Atlanta, KATL in my
passenger days. My experimental, amateur built airplane was more
reliable, cheaper, and was faster than the airlines if you considered
door-to-door travel time. On a typical one hour airline flight I
averaged about 75mph. I averaged about 125 mph in my plane, door-to-
door. In six years my dispatch reliability has been 100%. I can't
say that for going commercial. It all depends on what and how you
build, and maintenance.

Denny